Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mrs. Frisby and the rats of Nimh


In my grade seven class we read “Mrs. Frisby and the rats of Nimh,” we also watched, “The Secret Nimh”. It’s the same idea but the events happen at different times.


In the book and the movie I spotted a couple of similarities, so here they are. I’ve noticed that there are rats, Mrs. Frisby’s still in there and so is Dragon. They also managed to squeeze in how Mrs. Frisby snuck into Mr. Fitzgibbon’s house to put powder in Dragon’s food, also the hole that the rats found to sneak in to Mr. Fitzgibbon’s house to place the powder in Dragon’s food. Another thing is that the rats moved to Thorn Valley. All the same characters in there.
Now that we talked over the similarities let’s talk about the differences. Here are some differences I’ve noticed. The necklace that Mrs.Frisby was given not magical in the book but in the movie it lit up to get the kids and the house out of the mud. Nicodemus doesn’t die in the book but he dies in the movie. In the book the settings were the laboratory and around the farm but in the movie the settings were at the farm and where the rats got the powder ready. Another thing I noticed that the cylinder that Mrs. Frisby lived in, did not sink but in the movie it sunk.
So as you can see what you read it books does not always happen in the movies.

7 comments:

  1. this is really good. i like your color choice! did you like the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have so many bright colors! It looks really awesome! I also love how you had some juicy words in there ! Really good job. One thing that I would work on though, would be the fluency of the words. Maybe try and make them flow a little more. Your sentences to me, seemed to be all the same , not really anything different! Anyways, I loved your writing! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I did enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cassie, I will try to work on my word fluency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like how you had a bunch of differences. But you could improve by having longer and shorter sentances like Miss Dyment said a slinky was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the colors and I also like how many similarities and differences you have. I just wish you would have used better word choice. Overall good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Bronté, I will remember to use better word choice the next time we post.

    ReplyDelete