Thursday, May 12, 2011

The book and movie Comparison

I really liked the book Mrs. Frisby and the rats of NIMH and the movie, and, The Secret of NIMH also. The movie and the book were so dramatically different and the same time, so a like. Even thought the movie was way shorter than the book I liked that their was some new material mixed because it was only based on the book and not completely the same.
Some of the differences I discovered were that Mrs. Frisby had to save her house by moving it into the lee of the stone (because of the plough) and to do that she would ask the rats for help. When the rats finally agree to help, Nicodemous goes to watch how the move is going. Finally when they finished
moving the house the exterminators come the next day and smoke out 2 of the four rats on guard. When Mrs. Frisby was trapped in the Fitzgibbons house Mr. Fitzgibbon was talking about the scientists coming to the town to investigate some peculiar activity in the rats. That just about sums up the book.
While in the movie the rat’s events went the same, the movie had Nicodemus dying, Jenner still in the colony, and Mrs. Frisby had a magical amulet.
Over all I like the book and the movie all the same.

5 comments:

  1. really good comparison's.
    i've seen that you have been using "like" and "and" lot's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your piece of writing Colin. I love all the colors that you have on this ! I also love the comparisons and the fluency that your writing has. I find that your words just flow. One thing that I would change though, is the first line. I didn't really understand it.
    Good job overall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked it. It had nice sentence fluency, lots of short and long sentences! Next time maybe you could use better word choice! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a lot of fancy words. It was very descriptive and I can’t see anything you should have done better so good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you gave everyone the situation that Mrs Frisby had. and I loved the color. who do you think was the two rats?

    ReplyDelete